Ofu Beach

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Maison

Definition of HOME

1
a : one's place of residence : domicileb : house
2
: the social unit formed by a family living together
3
a : a familiar or usual setting : congenial environment; also: the focus of one's domestic attention <home is where the heart is>b : habitat
4
a : a place of origin <salmon returning to their home to spawn>; also : one's own country <having troubles at homeand abroad>b : headquarters 2 <home of the dance company>
5
: an establishment providing residence and care for people with special needs <homes for the elderly>
6
: the objective in various gamesespecially : home plate

                                        ...................................................................................

On a recent Facebook Post my friend Valerie reminded me how much I love this song and how it melts my heart whenever I hear it (sorry Val it's not the same cute little girl, these Hippies are the original artists):

                                          .................................................................................

My husband and I lived in Gainesville for nearly eight years. It was there where we really did a lot of growing; graduated college, got married, bought our first house and had our son Hobie. Whenever people ask me where I'm from, I proudly say Gainesville! When Jorge got this great job (that has given me the opportunity to stay at home with Hobie) we jumped at the chance to spread our wings!

We have been in Fort Myers just about six months, and while I've made friends and kept busy it's just not the same. I'd always thought that I was more of a traveler...like the Yvon Chouinard of Patagonia. The truth is I'm a homebody, but nonetheless I'd like to think that this growing experience (ideally we'll be moving yearly until we find our "forever home") is making me more of that dirt bagger I've always dreamed of being. Until then...

.... here are a few things making me feel at home this week

--> Afternoon Cuddles with Hobie


--> Ice Pops



--> Solving the World's (and my own) problems with a glass (or 3) of wine and good friends


--> Tasty afternoon snacks <these are homemade potato chips>



--> Wild Spider Lilies from my husband



--> The Smell of an afternoon Florida rainstorm

No comments:

Post a Comment