Ofu Beach

Friday, April 8, 2011

L'art d'inspiration

I recently read this article about a woman who physically attacked a painting of one of my favorite (and apparently quite controversial) artists, Paul Gauguin. I get that the manifestations of his inspiration are/were potentially offensive, but you cannot deny that Paul Gauguin was a talented man...however flawed he may have been. I look past what some may call depraved focal points in the man's art, rather I admire the beauty and color he used. He let the setting in which he was living inspire him (well once in Tahiti)...shouldn't we all be doing that?

Here are a few things that have been inspiring me this week:

Pan de Jamon- My husband, Jorge is originally from Venezuela. Not that we often channel his roots there, but it does make for a good opportunity to make some delicious food!



Fort Myers Downtown & River District Farmers' Market- The weather is Southwest Florida is beautiful 90% of "thyme" so it is easy to take a 10 minute trip downtown with Hobie and explore the Farmers' Market, which is set on a riverfront park. Could it be more picturesque?



Clean Closets- Mis en place Monday rolled over into Tuesday and Wednesday as well, but I couldn't be happier to have sifted through our belongings and make some decisions about my wardrobe!



Hobie's "just woke up" face-


No comments:

Post a Comment